emacsconf-org

An APAC version of EmacsConf?

From: Bhavin Gandhi
Subject: An APAC version of EmacsConf?
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:29:56 +0530

Hello Yuchen

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 09:46:41, Yuchen Pei wrote:

> […] and in this case specifically an APAC version of EmacsConf. I am
> relatively new to emacs (about 1 year in use), but I suspect one does
> not need to be good at emacs to organise a conference about it.

I agree, anyone who is interested in Emacs can organize a conference
about it :)

> Is anyone else interested, or do you know anyone who might be
> interested? As a side note, to avoid unpleasant side effects like
> increasing the workload of EmacsConf organisers :P, the APAC version
> should probably be as independent of EmacsConf as possible, including
> the naming.

I'm interested in organizing and helping with an APAC version of
EmacsConf. Although, I'm not really sure if I will be able to spend time
on it this year.

One idea I had was to have two parts to EmacsConf. The CFP can be
common, I think that will be easier for more reach. And then we can
split the talks, schedule, tech-checks, and all other organizing parts as
EmacsConf and EmacsConf APAC.

--
Warm Regards,
Bhavin Gandhi (bhavin192) | https://geeksocket.in