emacsconf-org

Etherpad preparation (was: EmacsConf 2020 schedule, poster, watching, an

From: emacsconf
Subject: Etherpad preparation (was: EmacsConf 2020 schedule, poster, watching, and participating)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 12:08:50 +0100

Hi fellows,

Amin Bandali (bandali@gnu.org) wrote:

> For audience questions specifically, we will be experimenting with using
> a collaboratively-editable Etherpad as the primary means of collecting
> audience questions.  We will be posting a link to the pad closer to the
> event.  If, however, you are unable to access the pad to add your
> question(s), we will still try to take questions from our
> questions-specific IRC channel, and ask one or two volunteers to kindly
> add questions from that channel to the pad on behalf of folks who are
> not able to or prefer not to use the web-based questions pad.

Was there already a discussion on the content of the Etherpad I
missed this year so far?

Should we create a meta-etherpad to collect ideas about the
structure and initial content of the EmacsConf pad?

Do we have a preferred Etherpad service instance? Last year, I was
using (my personal default choice) http://pads.ccc.de/ run by the
German CCC.

Last year, I added some feedback to the pad:
https://media.emacsconf.org/2019/pad.html

- setting up the pad beforehand + mention it on the conference pages
- shownotes pad template according to organizer's preference
  - do we need more than one pad? (Karl thinks that one might be
    enough although it could get large)
- more contributors to the pad ;-) -> motivation/encouragement
- clear (and easy to link to) guideline communication (see more details on
  the pad)

Thanks!

--
Karl Voit