emacsconf-org

Volunteering

From: Leo Vivier
Subject: Volunteering
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 19:47:04 +0200

Hi there,

I’ve spoken with Amin today about my ability to help out with the
event.

I will be available in the couple of weeks leading up to it, as well as
during the event itself.  I’ve got experience in organising and
animating academic events, and I believe this will translate well for
EmacsConf.

My chief contribution could be in hosting parts of the events, if you
happen to be in need of people.  I’ve been working alongside bag to
breath new air into the French Emacs community, notably by participating
and hosting our monthly meetups, and we’ve had a measure of success.

To gauge my style of presentation, you can watch the couple of org-roam
presentations I’ve uploaded on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvrQyT2xhsxq2a4Xopf2JTA

As much as I’d love to share the recordings of our Parisian meetups, I’d
first need the consent of all the participants, and even then, it’d be
in French, which might be of a little use for you.

I could also give you a hand with the review process for the proposals.
My expertise is on org-mode, org-roam, FLOSS advocacy (esp. in academic
circles), and FLOSS sustainability.  That being said, I’d readily
welcome venturing outside of my comfort zone.

Thanks for all your work so far, and I look forward to assisting you in
this brilliant endeavour.

Best,

--
Leo Vivier