emacsconf-org

Re: Reviewing the EmacsConf 2020 submissions we received so far

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: Reviewing the EmacsConf 2020 submissions we received so far
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 01:00:52 -0400

Sacha Chua writes:

> Got them and will look at them in the next few days.

Great, thanks!

> Would you consider also sending an Org file with all the titles,
> abstracts, and time/availability so we can think about how the whole
> schedule might flow?  Last time, we prioritized the talks the we
> thought would be the most interesting for the most people, and we
> asked other speakers to consider the lightning talk format. Would it
> help to have that kind of overall view and discussion too?

Right.  I thought it might be better to first make the decisions about
the proposals, then tend to scheduling.  I was thinking of creating a
schedule page on the wiki, similar to last year's
<https://emacsconf.org/2019/schedule/>, with the names, titles, and
abstracts for the included talks once the decisions are made.

But if you'd prefer, while we're still working on fleshing out the
schedule, we can indeed use an Org file (checked into the wiki's git
repo, to track changes and ease collaboration) to work on the schedule
as well, and ultimately create <https://emacsconf.org/2020/schedule/>
with information from that once we have a good idea of what the schedule
might look like.  If there are no objections to this, I will go ahead
and add that over the next day or two.