emacs-tangents

Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 17:26:37 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2022-02-28 16:35]:
> I don't know if the Ukrainian army is really fighting back or
> not, and the invasion sure didn't look the way we expected,
> but that doesn't make it any less an invasion.
>
> And moreover, so what? No matter how clever a scheme this
> turns out to be it is still wrong ...
>
> RUSSIA'S WAR IS WRONG!
>
> PS. This sure doesn't happen every day BTW. The major FOSS
>     bodies should absolutely say something, just anything
>     really with the position they/we are opposed to it!

I totally agree that war is wrong. Any war is wrong. Humans
are degraded as when compared to animals who do not organize
to kill other group of animals without reason.

Though free software is not related to conflicts in the world.

Try with parliament representatives in Sweden first, those are
closest to you, they can do something with diplomacy.

/jl/