Re: [SUMMARY] #9 [[bbb:OrgMeetup]] on Wed, July 10, 19:00 UTC+3

From: Suhail Singh
Subject: Re: [SUMMARY] #9 [[bbb:OrgMeetup]] on Wed, July 10, 19:00 UTC+3
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 23:08:23 -0400

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

> Aloha Suhail,

Aloha!

> From my perspective, the quote is confused about the concept of "ownership".
>
> With the distinction between a right of property and a right of person
> in mind, it is clear that FSF does not claim ownership.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.  I am not a lawyer, but I agree
with your assessment.

Regardless, the copyright holder does enjoy some rights.  For instance,
the right to publish (at least in some jurisdictions).  The fact that
such rights aren't simply restricted to code that has been merged into
the VCS or shared over a mailing list etc., but also extend to code that
may have never been publicly shared was surprising to me.

--
Suhail