Re: [patch] ox-beamer: allow setting frame subtitle with BEAMER_SUBTITLE

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [patch] ox-beamer: allow setting frame subtitle with BEAMER_SUBTITLE property
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2024 15:39:00 +0000

hugo@heagren.com writes:

> I found recently I wanted to add subtitles to some slides in beamer in
> an export from org-mode. In the end I had to write an
> explicit #+beamer: declaration with latex code in it for each
> headline. The attached patch implements an easier (I think) way of
> setting subtitles, with properties on org headings which are exported
> as frames. I hope this is helpful.
> +            ;; Subtitle
> +            (when-let ((subtitle
> +                        (org-element-property :BEAMER_SUBTITLE headline)))
> +              (format "{%s}" subtitle))

I am neutral towards the idea of adding a way to set subtitle, but
concerned that the subtitle is added verbatim - no Org markup
processing.

I think that it will make more sense to recognize Org markup in the
BEAMER_SUBTITLE property value.

Also, please announce the new feature in the ORG-NEWS.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,