Re: exporting to PDF multi-lingual document

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: exporting to PDF multi-lingual document
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 22:50:41 +0200

Hi,

Andrés Ramírez <rrandresf@hotmail.com> writes:
> Could You address me to the proper sintax for the japanese characters to
> appear in the output?.

I think you have to solve this on the LaTeX-side: including packages
that support the required unicode.

For a part of that I usually use uniinput, for example this:
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/vorlesung-verteilte-systeme/browse/vorlesung-1-p2p/uniinput.sty

To solve the problem, first export to LaTeX instead of PDF and then
process that LaTeX file directly with pdflatex. Use one of the guides to
write japanese with LaTeX — some examples:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/15516/how-to-write-japanese-with-latex
https://www.overleaf.com/learn/latex/Japanese
https://www.preining.info/blog/2014/12/writing-japanese-in-latex-part-1-introduction/
https://ctan.math.illinois.edu/macros/latex/contrib/babel-contrib/japanese/japanese.pdf