Re: basic git

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: basic git
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:58:05 +0000

> apropos of nothing, btw what does one do to make org these days?
>
> make cleanall;make?  make oldorg?

Just make will trigger compilation.
make oldorg will also trigger building Info manual (in addition to compilation).
make cleanall is good to do to avoid Emacs re-using stale .elc files.

> as for other repos [i keep multiple copies for speed in switching for
> testing] to clean up an old org with a local.mk do i just delete that
> file?  can i keep doing make oldorg?

local.mk may need to be cleaned. Ideally, you just keep your specific
customizations there. Then, you do not need to clean it.

(I guess that the need to clean local.mk must not be necessary. But Org
does not do a great job defining some of the makefile settings)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,