Re: [BUG] org-store-link on document title

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-store-link on document title
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 13:20:41 +0000

Anthony Carrico <acarrico@memebeam.org> writes:

> #+begin_example
> [[id:5f4cdb46-d18d-41bb-914e-da7faa177772][test org title link]]
> #+end_example
>
> ...hmm, you are correct that this option does add the proper default
> description, but this is not a just plain file link anymore.

Sure. And if it were a plain file link, there would be no reason to
assign TITLE as description. Because the link would be to a generic line
in file.

That said, existence of hard-coded parts of `org-store-link' are not
ideal. We should ideally make things more flexible. Patches welcome!

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,