Re: Reintroduction and Questions

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Reintroduction and Questions
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 16:12:24 +0000

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> Hello again!  I'm slowly settling in after moving to Germany and hoping to
> get back into maintenance.  As the FSF disclaimer is still being worked out
> with my employer, I'm hesitant to begin non-trivial code contributions.
> Until then, I'm hoping to do things that don't require attribution, such as
> organizing tasks, issues, and updating Worg.

Thanks for the update!
Any help is appreciated.

> 1. What do the FR, FP, RFC, and RFE Woof! prefixes stand for?  These
> are listed in https://tracker.orgmode.org/howto for the "request" type
> under the "Adding a report" section.  I assume FR is "Feature Request"
> and RFC is "Request for Comment".

FR = feature request
RFC =  request for comments
RFE = request for evidence (I think).
Be warned though that Woof! is not yet stable (see
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/woof and https://lists.sr.ht/~bzg/woof).

> 2. Is anyone in the Hamburg, Deutschland area interested in meeting in
> person?  They say it's hard to make friends here and I'm taking applications
> :) I think it'd be cool to talk Emacs and work on contributions together.
> Maybe we could coordinate this with an online Meetup
> (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-06/msg00196.html).

You may also try to ask on Emacs Berlin mailing list.
https://emacs-berlin.org/

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,