Re: [POLL] [BUG] Inverse behavior from \ <space> [9.6.4 (release_9.6.4-1

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [POLL] [BUG] Inverse behavior from \ <space> [9.6.4 (release_9.6.4-1-g76cf21 @ /Users/johnw/.emacs.d/lisp/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 09:52:54 +0000

John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org> writes:

>> Changing the current behaviour will be a breaking change.
>>
>> I am inclined to change the current behaviour and document it, unless there
>> are objections.
>
> I would also note that in Org-mode 8 and earlier, ‘/ <space>’ would limit to
> all untagged entries, which is why I had that expectations.

Are you sure?
I can see 124017b6d that changes

(setq org-agenda-tag-filter
            (cons (concat (if exclude "-" "+") tag)
                  current))

(setq org-agenda-tag-filter
            (cons (concat (if exclude "-" "+") tag)
                  (if accumulate current nil)))

The former would leave the current filter unchanged.

It would be nice to bisect down to the commit that changed the behaviour.
As it usually goes with agenda, consequences of some changes are not
always straightforward.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,