Org element cache in indirect buffers

From: Sebastian Wålinder
Subject: Org element cache in indirect buffers
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 22:13:42 +1000

Hello!

It appears that indirect buffers duplicate the entire org element cache from
the base buffer whenever created.

Running `memory-report` indicates that each indirect buffer has the same memory
blueprint.

This becomes a massive issue with large org files.

My in my 160 000 line org file, the org element cache takes 100 mb, and so each
new indirect buffer consumes an additional 100 mbs of memory.

I also wonder if this means the caching is performed by each indirect buffer
independently, and doesn't carry over.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sebastian