Re: problem with org-map-entries and the doc for export hooks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: problem with org-map-entries and the doc for export hooks
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2023 17:30:56 +0000

"Victor A. Stoichita" <victor@svictor.net> writes:

> I’m trying to use the example given here in the manual for "Export
> hooks": https://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-Export-Configuration.html
> However the export process hangs indefinitely emacs after evaluating this.
> I have to C-g to quit.
> The same happens with the newer org-export-before-parsing-functions
> instead of org-export-before-parsing-hook.
>
> Is there something else that needs to be updated for the example to work?

1. Update Org mode. I do not see any hangs with the latest stable Org release.
2. Use alternative example. The current example may not work if you have
   headings not separated by contents or empty lines.
   See https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=16f15f966

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,