Re: Is this proper time format?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Is this proper time format?
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 11:01:44 -0700

> David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hmm.  What about this:
>>
>>       <2023-06-05 Mon>--<2023-06-08 Thu 10:30-12:15>
>>
>> Is there a recommended specification for my meeting?  Or do I have to
>> break it into multiple tasks (one for each day)?
>
> AFAIK, closed date intervals with time are currently not supported by
> org-agenda. You can instead use diary sexp timestamps, a bunch of active
> timestamps in the body, or M-x org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift

"a bunch of active timestamps"?!?  Ooh!  I hadn't gotten the impression
that that was allowed from the "Dates and Times" section of the manual.
It always talked about "a timestamp" and it made sense to me that a task
would only have one timestamp.  Can a statement be added to the manual
to make this explicit?

By closed date interval, I assume you mean "<time1>--<time2>".  That is
mentioned in 8.1 of the manual. It's header is "Time/Date range", but it
only talks about dates (no times) including in the example.  If times
are allowed, then the paragraph could include a time example.  If not,
then the header should be changed and "timestamp" should be changed to
"datestamp".

--
David Masterson