Re: keep intermediary tex from latex preview

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: keep intermediary tex from latex preview
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 06:34:00 +0000

Edgar Lux <edgarlux@mailfence.com> writes:

> Hello, this has possibly been asked before, but (OMFG) I haven't been able to
> find it (sorry). How can I keep the .tex file used to generate a latex
> preview from an Org buffer (or file)? (the closest that I got was
> =org-latex-logfiles-extensions=). I can usually see such file in =/tmp= if
> the preview fails. Thanks.

In short no.
And we are also in the process of refactoring the preview system:
https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87lek2up0w.fsf@tec.tecosaur.net/

You may, however, try to narrow the buffer to the latex fragment of
interest and then export body to latex via C-c C-e dispatch.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,