Re: [BUG] No space after footnote with org-export-with-footnotes set to

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] No space after footnote with org-export-with-footnotes set to nil [9.6.1 ( @ /Users/test/.emacs.d/elpa/28.0/develop/org-9.6.1/)]
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 12:06:52 +0000

> In my opinion, the filter removing footnotes should transfer afterspaces
> to preceding objects.

I am not sure.

Consider text like "Pellentesque dapibus suscipit ligula. [fn:1] Donec posuere
augue in quam."
with space before the footnote. If we replace the footnote with space,
two spaces will be exported. I am not sure if it is expected.

Also, should we replace footnote with a single space or with the number
of spaces after?

Further, this bug is actually not just about footnotes. The footnotes
are removed in `org-export--prune-tree':

    (if (org-export--skip-p data info selected excluded)
                      (if (memq type '(table-cell table-row)) (push data ignore)
                        (org-element-extract-element data))

The extracted objects can be latex-fragment, statistics-cookie,
timestamp, and footnote.

Will it be safe to replace all the above with space? Or maybe with
number of spaces equal to :post-blank? Something else?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,