Re: ox-beamer/latex questions

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: ox-beamer/latex questions
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:38:31 +0000

Leo Butler <Leo.Butler@umanitoba.ca> writes:

>> This is because
>>  *** DONE :B_block:
>> is actually parsed as a heading with DONE todo keyword and title
>> ":B_block:". Tag is not recognized.
>>
>> We probably need to fix it, though I am not sure. It is one of the edge
>> cases about Org parser.
>
> Ok. I have become addicted to using TODO tags to organize composition of
> beamer slides. I often have untitled blocks in the slides, in order to
> control the pacing of the presentation.

I understand. Just need to figure out the best way to alter the syntax.
We should be careful with such things.

>> For cookies, just use stat:nil in OPTIONS. See "13.2 Export Settings"
>> section of the manual.
>
> Thanks for that. I am not sure how I missed it.
>
> Anyhow, it does not work correctly for subtree export (or I am not
> understanding something). The title still includes the cookie. See the
> attached.

That was a rather interesting edge case that triggered a bug in
org-element.el.

Fixed, on main. It was a core function, so I did not risk bugfix.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=f93cc661c

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,