Re: ox-beamer/latex questions

From: Leo Butler
Subject: Re: ox-beamer/latex questions
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 19:16:20 +0000

On Wed, Mar 01 2023, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> Leo Butler <Leo.Butler@umanitoba.ca> writes:
>
>> I have a couple questions about TODO items, cookies and export. I am
>> unable to find anything the manual that seems relevant. Please see the
>> attached.
>
>> *** DONE                                                            :B_block:
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :BEAMER_env: block
>> :END:
>> With =ox-beamer=, =TODO= markers mangle the output. That looks like a bug to
>> me.
>
> This is because
>  *** DONE :B_block:
> is actually parsed as a heading with DONE todo keyword and title
> ":B_block:". Tag is not recognized.
>
> We probably need to fix it, though I am not sure. It is one of the edge
> cases about Org parser.

Ok. I have become addicted to using TODO tags to organize composition of
beamer slides. I often have untitled blocks in the slides, in order to
control the pacing of the presentation.

>> I would like to be able to remove the =TODO= cookies, =[1/2]= and =[0/1]=,
>> on export.
>> How can I do that?
>
> For cookies, just use stat:nil in OPTIONS. See "13.2 Export Settings"
> section of the manual.

Thanks for that. I am not sure how I missed it.

Anyhow, it does not work correctly for subtree export (or I am not
understanding something). The title still includes the cookie. See the
attached.

TIA,
Leo