Re: [POLL] Naming of "export features"

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: Re: [POLL] Naming of "export features"
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 21:38:29 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:
Consider the feature request from the past about wrapping/prepending
to exported headings:

* Heading1
* Heading2
:PROPERTIES:
:LATEX_TEMPLATE: (:snippet "\clearpage" :order -100)
:END:
# This Heading2 will start on a new page

If we implement export transcoders as much as possible using templates,
it will become very easy for users to adjust the export behavior beyond
what is already possible.

This can be achieved in a couple of lines with advices.

Here's a couple interesting examples that currently cannot, I think.
 + a `multicol` heading property, that wraps the content of the
   heading in a multicol environment.
 + a `nocontent` property that do not export the content of the
   heading
 + Some way to play with the numbering of section, beyond the
   `unumbered` property.

It is indeed unfortunate that org doesn't provide an easy way to get
this behaviour, and achieving it would require the fragmentation
(templating ?) of at least some transcoders. I'm not sure that it
makes sense to do this for anything other than the headings
transcoders, and the main template.

However, this seems orthogonal to your previous proposal. It is not
clear to me how it ties with your syntax.

--
Sébastien Miquel