Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elp

From: Hanno Perrey
Subject: Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elpa @ /home/bruno/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4/)]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 06:54:16 +0100

Bruno BEAUFILS <bruno@boulgour.com> skrev: (15 februari 2023 21:38:55 CET)
>On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 09:34:21AM -1000, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>> I often use the .tex file to track down compilation issues.  I don't want
>> Org to delete it.
>
>I get your point. In that case the file must not be removed when the
>compilation failed.
>
>In all other (more numerous) cases (when everything went well) what is
>the point to have this file in addition to the source and the output?
>
>--
>Bruno BEAUFILS

I see the export to PDF as a shortcut only and appreciate having the .tex file
besides it. As the TeX file is the most reliable way to regenerate the exact
PDF again later again (even on other peoples' machines without Emacs installed)
I like to keep it in many cases "for the record".

I would personally opt for keeping the current default, that is keeping the TeX
file.