Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:44:44 +0100

Robert Horn <rjhorn@panix.com> writes:

> [...]
> The issue is clarity of the expected rules for the format.  If I
> schedule a meeting for 10:05 DST,
> [...]

In all calendaring software I have used thus far, I don't do that. I can
specify a date and time of day only (but never "DST"). The software then
works out (likely with the help of the OS, and using POSIX APIs) whether
that is DST or not, whenever the event's offset to UTC is needed (e.g.
to display the event in another timezone).