Re: org-todo-keywords and task sequence

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Re: org-todo-keywords and task sequence
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 10:10:40 +0200

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm not sure I understand 'sequence' and 'type' in org-todo-keywords.

You're over thinking it. You can define various todo keywords and they
are divided into two groups that can be thought of as "ones that need
your attention" and "ones that don't need your attention" and they are
separated by a literal "|". Example: todo, in progress, on hold,
waiting, phonecall etc are of the 1st type. Done, canceled, postponed are of the
2nd type. In terms of "moving" between them, it's either cyclical or you
can jump to a specific word using shortcuts you define e.g.

#+TODO: TODO(t) | DONE(d)

Don't let the cyclical switching dictates the meaning, it's just an
implementation detail, done for simplicity. Hope it helped.

--
Daniel Fleischer