Re: search in org-sparse-tree for multiple files

From: Eric Chun
Subject: Re: search in org-sparse-tree for multiple files
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 15:29:51 +0000 (UTC)

Ihor:  "`org-occur-next-match' does not support multiple buffers.
Looking at the docstring of `next-error-function', I am also not sure if
we need to support this there. The docstring talks only about the
current buffer."

I'm assuming "current buffer" is the buffer which I can currently type input into.  The current buffer is not finding next occurrence of search string by pressing M-g M-n.  Is this expected?
On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 06:38:49 AM MST, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

Eric Chun <eyc8@yahoo.com> writes:

> I can't seem to use the M-g M-n keys to jump to occurrences in sparse tree search for second org file within same Emacs window.
> If I search first file by pressing C-c / r <regex> RET and then search second file by pressing C-c / r <regex> RET, I'm not able to jump to occurrences in that second file by pressing M-g M-n.  I get a message saying "No more matches" even though there are matches.  If I close the first file buffer, then I am able to use M-g M-n to jump to occurrences in the second file.
> Does anybody know what I may be missing?
> I'm using org mode version 9.6 in Emacs 28.2 on CentOS7.

`org-occur-next-match' does not support multiple buffers.
Looking at the docstring of `next-error-function', I am also not sure if
we need to support this there. The docstring talks only about the
current buffer.

What might be relevant is `next-error-find-buffer-function' - a user
customization you may want to set.

Generally, it is unclear for me how to implement multiple buffers
support for org-spare-tree. Ideas and patches welcome.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,