search in org-sparse-tree for multiple files

From: Eric Chun
Subject: search in org-sparse-tree for multiple files
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 04:39:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I can't seem to use the M-g M-n keys to jump to occurrences in sparse tree search for second org file within same Emacs window.

If I search first file by pressing C-c / r <regex> RET and then search second file by pressing C-c / r <regex> RET, I'm not able to jump to occurrences in that second file by pressing M-g M-n.  I get a message saying "No more matches" even though there are matches.  If I close the first file buffer, then I am able to use M-g M-n to jump to occurrences in the second file.

Does anybody know what I may be missing?

I'm using org mode version 9.6 in Emacs 28.2 on CentOS7.