Re: [BUG] warning message for straight-use-package [9.6 (9.6-gb2adb6 @ /

From: Richard Kim
Subject: Re: [BUG] warning message for straight-use-package [9.6 (9.6-gb2adb6 @ /Users/stephen/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 20:54:58 -0800

Stephen Eglen <sje30@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Checking the source, I see line 77 of org-macs.el has
>
>      (straight-use-package 'org)
>
> so I'm not sure what the fix is, but does anyone have any ideas on
> providing a warning that uses the correct quote character?

The correct character is the usual 7-bit single quote, i.e., the line
you have here correct.

My straight.el setup is done in early-init.el rather than in .emacs. I
also have (straight-use-package 'org) in early-init.el to make sure that
org version I want (which is the one installed by straight.el) is used.
I've had this setup for years, and I have never run into another org
mode getting installed by package.el to cause problems.