Re: LaTeX tutorial (focused on what Org exports) ??

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: LaTeX tutorial (focused on what Org exports) ??
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 15:18:15 -1000

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

Anyone have a recommendation for a LaTeX tutorial that would
(especially) help me understand the LaTeX exported by Org and how to enhance what is exported (new document classes, etc.). I don't want to bore you all with a lot of questions, so I'm looking for a good book.

Org's latex exporter is exceptionally capable. AFAICT, it doesn't have practical limits on the LaTeX it produces, at least for my academic use case. I'm able to use all of the LaTeX packages I've ever wanted to use.

With the world of LaTeX at your feet, I recommend The LaTeX Companion by Mittelbach and Goosens. My well-worn copy is almost 20 years old, and I use it as often now as when I did all of my writing in LaTeX. Of course, there are many new LaTeX packages in the last 20 years, but LaTeX was very capable at the turn of the millennium and the few new packages I use were easy to discover by browsing.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye