Re: section continuation

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: section continuation
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 17:01:33 +1100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> As far as I am concerned, I don't think the feature is important
> enough to complexify Org, but (a) I see that there are people who
> really want it (and offer myself as sparring partner to bounce ideas
> off) and (b) Org is chock full of features I'd rather not have,
> but others need badly. Software is like that :-)

I agree. While I can understand it is a feature some users may want, it
certainly isn't one I'm interested in and I continue to be very
concerned about the feature growth and increase in complexity I see with
org.  I fear we are losing one of the best features of org - simplicity
and easy customization for individual needs. I find the straight-forward
nature of a tree structure much simpler to work with than one which will
be less tree like and more directed graph like. While it is true the
tree structure found in outline mode does impose some restrictions on
the document layouts you can use, I think that loss in generality is
justified by the gain in simplicity and consistency in other processing,
such as data exports.