Re: copying text from links makes it with a starting [[

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: copying text from links makes it with a starting [[
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 22:20:33 +0700

On 27/12/2022 20:06, Luca Ferrari wrote:
I'm not sure this is an org problem, rather a clipboard problem or
what else, but when I select an org link in Emacs and I copy into my
Firefox browser, the link has always a starting pair of square
brackets (e.g. [[https://...).

Selecting link to copy it to an external application or even to a non-org buffer has another problem. Some links may contain square brackets. Org needs to escape them (and backslash character as well). To reliably copy a link, it is necessary to define a dedicated command what unescapes URL. Alternatively you may copy URL using C-c C-l (`org-insert-link') and abort the command after that.

Besides copy, another action is open URL (C-c C-o) and it should handle unescaping properly. Depending on your environment, you may need to configure the browse-url package to use the preferred browser.