Re: missing from the manual - move commands

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: missing from the manual - move commands
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 22:03:47 +0700

On 24/12/2022 09:43, Peter Mao wrote:
The following commands are missing from the manual!

org-forward-element
org-backward-element

I think, the manual was written with assumption that Emacs users are familiar with C-up, M-{, C-down, M-} keystrokes.

These two should be mentioned in the manual in section 2.3 "Motion"

A as person for whom Emacs is almost solely a note taking application (thanks to Org), I do not mind. Perhaps the relevant section from Emacs should be mentioned as well.

Someone should take the challenge to extend the info "(org) Motion" section in a way informative for novices and not boring for experienced Emacs users and to emphasize difference of (maybe familiar) shortcuts from the fundamental mode.