Re: missing from the manual - move commands

From: Peter Mao
Subject: Re: missing from the manual - move commands
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 17:35:12 -0800

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 7:03 AM Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:
On 24/12/2022 09:43, Peter Mao wrote:
> The following commands are missing from the manual!
>
> org-forward-element
> org-backward-element

I think, the manual was written with assumption that Emacs users are
familiar with C-up, M-{, C-down, M-} keystrokes.
Not everyone uses all of the motion commands.  I've been using emacs since v18, and forward-paragraph and backward-paragraph have never been part of my repertoire.

In addition, M-right and M-left, which I have used a lot outside of org, for decades, behave differently in org, so the existence of motion commands that are common in emacs (outside of org) do not guarantee an equivalent inside of org.  BTW, I think M-f and M-b are better anyways, but decades of muscle memory die hard.

Peter