Re: 2a529ee57 org-element: Autoload org-element-use-cache

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: 2a529ee57 org-element: Autoload org-element-use-cache
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 10:04:52 +0000

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko writes:
>
>> You wrote in the commit message that autoload.el is deprecated in Emacs
>> 29. Do we need to do anything about it in Org make system?
>
> Yes, though I don't consider it urgent given the deprecation hasn't even
> made it into a release.  I was planning on doing something like below
> (only lightly tested at this point).  And then way down the road we can
> drop the compatibility kludge.

Thanks! Looks reasonable and straightforward.

That comment could better be a FIXME though.
For easier future reference
(I recently added a reminder to review FIXME comments before releases
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-maintenance.html#minor-major-releases).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,