Re: Clocking in is pretty slow in version 9.6 when the item has a large

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Clocking in is pretty slow in version 9.6 when the item has a large
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 18:36:24 +0000

Mark Barton <mbarton98@gmail.com> writes:

>> On Dec 7, 2022, at 3:53 AM, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
>>
>> What about setting org-element--cache-self-verify to nil?
>
> (setq org-element--cache-self-verify-frequency nil)
> Update clocktable
> Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
>
> Try again but use zero instead of nil...
> (setq org-element--cache-self-verify-frequency 0)
> Updates in 11s.

Sorry, I meant (setq org-element--cache-self-verify nil).
In any case, the time is back to previous, which should be good enough
considering that no optimizations have been made to the clock table
calculation.

If you need it, you may run M-x profiler-start <RET> cpu <RET>, run
clocktable, M-x profiler-report M-x profiler-report-write-profile, and
share the resulting profile.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,