Re: Seeing all the steps when I run an R code block

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: Seeing all the steps when I run an R code block
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 15:58:52 -0500 (EST)

On 15 November 2022, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

I tried to test with a clean config and bare ESS installation will raise
the following query:

R:2 starting project directory? /tmp/

Note the default value /tmp which is `default-directory' containing test
Org file in my testing.

You might have set some customization that overrides `default-directory'
setting in ESS.

You were quite right---thanks for checking. Recently ESS changed ess-startup-directory and now it's aware of projects. I'd recently put some files under Git, which made them a project. So it was ESS, nor R.

For the record, this will stop that:

(setq ess-startup-directory 'default-directory) ;; "Always start the process in the
directory of the current file"

But I have another R problem that does seem to be with Org, coming next ...

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/