Re: Seeing all the steps when I run an R code block

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Seeing all the steps when I run an R code block
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 02:07:41 +0000

William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> writes:

> I've got a few problems with R source blocks that I can't figure out.  They
> started late last month, I think.  I'm running Emacs and Org from the
> development trees, refreshing and recompiling regularly.  ESS (the package
> for
> working with R) is up to date too.
>
> Here's one big problem.  I have a file, /home/wtd/books/reading/test-r.org,
> and
> in it is this R block:
> # -----
>
>> setwd('/home/wtd/books')
>
> # -----
>
> It's in the directory *above* where the Org file is!  It should be in
> /home/wtd/books/reading/.

I tried to test with a clean config and bare ESS installation will raise
the following query:

R:2 starting project directory? /tmp/

Note the default value /tmp which is `default-directory' containing test
Org file in my testing.

You might have set some customization that overrides `default-directory'
setting in ESS.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,