Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 07:44:21 +0000

Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

> One of my concerns is the format. I used to goto user groups
> frequently, and we could break up into smaller groups working on many
> things.
>
> On the other hand, tools like BBB or Jitsi tend to be best for a
> presenter and an audience.
>
> I'm ok with prepping a presentation and a sample org file or two, and
> answering questions in a group setting.

I am not sure if we even need to worry about multiple rooms. AFAIK,
Emacs meetups generally do not gather more than a dozen of people max.

I suggest you to try running an actual meetup first and see how many
people show up. It is not like you plan a single event and need to
account for all the possible scenarios. If there are too many people, we
can adjust the format in the later meetings.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,