Re: GPL violation related to Org by priprietary app (was: Best android a

From: tomas
Subject: Re: GPL violation related to Org by priprietary app (was: Best android app)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 15:45:06 +0200

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 12:12:46AM +1100, Tim Cross wrote:

[...]

> Even if it was violated, this is not something the maintainers are
> empowered to act on anyway [...]

This depends perhaps on what one understands by "act on". If that
means "go to court" you are, of course, right. If that means just
"make aware FSF legal of a possible violation", then the question
here boils just down to "do we have enough confidence to justify
annoying FSF legal with this?

> Also, based on my limited legal experience and past dealings with
> trademarks, copyright and licenses, I don't think there has been either
> a GPL license violation or a trade mark violation.  However, if someone
> believes differently, they should refer the matter to the FSF legal
> office.

Exactly.

Cheers