Re: Error during PDF export but the PDF file is exported

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Error during PDF export but the PDF file is exported
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 05:12:39 +0000

Pascal Quesseveur <pquessev@gmail.com> writes:

>>"IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>   IR> I think that creating a temporary file locally is excessive.
>
>   Perhaps, but I couldn't find another way.

I think we are miscommunication. What I wanted to say is that
`current-time' is good enough if we export to local file. The whole
route with creating temporary file and getting its attributes is only
needed in remote directory.

>   IR> You could guard the logic behind `file-remote-p'.
>
>   FMU file-remote-p works onnly when there is a handler on path for
> operation file-remote-p, which is not true in the general
> case. Otherwise that function returns nil.

If file-remote-p does not work, I doubt that we can export to that
directory at all.

>   OTOH it is possible to reserve the creation of a temporary file only
> when the file is not already present.

It is also an option.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,