PATCH: Re: Reading the parameters of a special-block

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: PATCH: Re: Reading the parameters of a special-block
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 21:28:39 +0200

Damien Cassou <damien@cassou.me> writes:

> Hi,
>
> in Worg's description of Org's syntax, there is a section about "greater
> blocks" [1]. The syntax is
>
>     #+begin_NAME PARAMETERS
>     CONTENTS
>     #+end_NAME
>
> There is then a "PARAMETERS" optional string attached to special
> blocks. Unfortunately, in the special-block transcoder I'm writing, I
> have no clue how to access the parameters. I can't find any parameters
> function in org that would be related.
>
> What is the best way to access the parameters of a special-block?

My understanding is that the parameters line is just ignored for special
blocks.

I wrote and used a patch a while ago to fix this; it was on my todo list
to clean it up and submit it to org. Now looks like a good time.

My patch adds a `:parameters-line' property to org elements that are
special blocks, storing the PARAMETERS line as a string. See attached
patch.

Could this be added to org ?

Bruno