Re: Some links in online manual do not work

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: Some links in online manual do not work
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 19:50:46 +0000

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

>> AFAIK, our nginx configs are not public, but Bastien may privately share
>> them if you are willing to help.

> FWIW, I've shared the nginx.config here:
> https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/tree/master/item/nginx.conf

Thanks.  Assuming the relevant line is:

|     rewrite HTML-export.html HTML-Export.html permanent;

looking at
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_rewrite_module.html#rewrite
suggests that this will match any URL that contains the
string "HTML-export.html", i. e. the regular expression is
not anchored anywhere.

So if that regular expression is intended to match on URLs
that end in "/HTML-export.html", an (untested) fix would be
something along the lines of:

|     rewrite /HTML-export\.html$ HTML-Export.html permanent;

However I do not understand the need for these rewrites and
fixing the underlying issue is probably worthwhile.

Tim