Re: [BUG] org-timer-start doesn't seem to take the timer string at point

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-timer-start doesn't seem to take the timer string at point [9.5.5 (release_9.5.5 @ z:/emacs-i686/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 11:43:10 +0800

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for my delayed answer. But I don't see it either :/
>
> "The prompt will default to a timer string at
> +  point (if any),"
>
> I can't see it well related to the C-u prefix. For example why the "(if
> any)"? It should be unnecessary, since it is the previous explained
> general case.

I feel that you missed the context by reading only the diff in the commit.
The full text in the manual after applying the patch reads like:

- {{{kbd(C-c C-x 0)}}} (~org-timer-start~) ::

  #+kindex: C-c C-x 0
  #+findex: org-timer-start
  Start or reset the relative timer.  By default, the timer is set
  to 0.  When called with a {{{kbd(C-u)}}} prefix, prompt the user for
  a starting offset.  The prompt will default to a timer string at
  point (if any), providing a convenient way to restart taking notes
  after a break in the process.  When called with a double prefix
  argument {{{kbd(C-u C-u)}}}, change all timer strings in the active
  region by a certain amount.  This can be used to fix timer strings
  if the timer was not started at exactly the right moment.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,