Re: Explicit page breaks

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Explicit page breaks
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 13:05:40 +0700

Let me remind that the discussion originates from a complain that filling paragraph does not respect ^L character in the .org file. The topic starter have not provided more details concerning their use case, maybe it is irrelevant to export.

During export (LaTeX is not the only case, even HTML may be printed or saved as PDF and has some CSS attributes) \clearpage (or its equivalent) may be attributed to the end of a block level element or a beginning of it. In the latter case it should be preserved even if the previous heading is commented out. It resembles to a recent topic discussing wrapping exported heading or other elements into some template.

I agree that page breaking inside paragraph (at particular point or when current line is filled) is a different case. Degree of support may vary across export backends.