Opening of links

From: Guillaume MULLER
Subject: Opening of links
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:49:08 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for org, "the best tool in the world"! ;) (*)

I have a simple org file (Linux / Emacs 27.1 + Doom):

--------------
#+TITLE: Test pdf links

+ [[file:~/test.pdf][PDF 1]]
--------------

When I click on the link with mouse1, the document is opened in Calibre. When I
use mouse3, the document is opened in Emacs. I get a similar behavior with
org-attached PDF documents: using 'o' will open them in Calibre, 'O' in Emacs.

Such a behavior for mouse1/'o' raises 2 questions:

- My OS settings are configured so that PDFs are opened in Evince. I configured this with "xfce4-settings-manager
> Default Applications" (which runs "xfce4-mime-settings" under the hood) and it can be verified with
"xdg-open test.pdf" or by opening Thunar and clicking on "test.pdf".
  So, where in the world does org-mode/Emacs finds that it should use Calibre
instead of Evince?

- Now, I would like to circumvent this global OS behavior, so that Emacs itself
would be used specifically to open PDF links in files I open in Emacs. When I
was using Vanilla Emacs, I was advised to use pdf-tools, and given a config
that was working. I translated that into my DoomEmacs config.org as follows:
  (use-package! pdf-tools
    :magic ("%PDF" . pdf-view-mode)
    :config
      (pdf-tools-install :no-query)
    )
  But apparently it does not override org's (default) behavior of opening PDF
file with external tools.
  Is there

Sorry for these (probably very) basic questions, but I could not find anything
relevant on the web (or I haven't found the correct keywords...). I would be
very grateful of any help!

Have a nice Week end

--
Guillaume MULLER