Re: [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 14:51:54 +0000

Daniel Fleischer writes:

> I don't understand the usecase, that's why I wasn't really following. If
> you write \vspace{10cm} before some headline, it's going to do the right
> thing even if it "belongs" to a previous headline.

Imagine, for example, that you have defined a LaTeX command that changes
the style of the section (or chapter, subsection, or whatever) below.
And you want to apply it before a certain section. If for any reason you
comment out the preceding section, or mark it as non-exportable, or even
delete it, the preceding command is no longer there when you export to
LaTeX. That would also happen if you move the section.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com