Re: Fwd: Re: Typo in info pages

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Typo in info pages
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 15:12:32 +0800

edgar@openmail.cc writes:

> On 2022-08-19 05:39, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>> Support Org development at https://liberapay.com/org-mode,
>
> This is great! You should add cryptocurrencies there :) .

Cryptocurrencies are tricky.
See https://list.orgmode.org/87mte8xdse.fsf@localhost/

Note that https://liberapay.com/org-mode is a "team" page aiming to
divide the donations across the interested Org contributors (see
https://list.orgmode.org/87iloyyd1y.fsf@localhost/). However,
cryptocurrencies are not supported by Liberapay. We cannot utilize
Liberapay for this purpose.

The only option is individual Org contributors sharing their
cryprowallets individually. This can be done inside Liberapay personal
pages, but no single Org contributor accepting the donations have
a cryptowallet. This may change in future if we add more people though.

In the past discussions people suggested to use MyMonero (limited to
Monero) and GNU Taler (not really usable yet) cryprowallets as the ones
complaint with FSF ethics. However, it is unclear if MyMonery is going
to be a practical option given the huge number of available kinds of
crypto.

To summarize, not every Org contributor is willing or legally able to
use crypto. Also, it is unclear which cryptocurrency is the best to
accept.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,