Re: [BUG] org-auto-repeat-maybe: error "Can’t expand minibuffer to full

From: Bhavin Gandhi
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-auto-repeat-maybe: error "Can’t expand minibuffer to full frame" and missing log note
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 23:47:01 +0530

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 at 23:33, Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2022 at 14:50, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Seems like soon I will cross the TINYCHANGE limit, so I will get the
> > > FSF copyright assignment done.
> >
> > Note that FSF should reply within 5 working days. If not, we can help
> > you to push them.
>
> Thanks! I received the PDF to sign the next day after my email, this
> will probably take a couple of days more from my side as I'm talking
> with my employer.

I finally got this done. I now have a fully executed copy of the copyright
assignment (signed by FSF and me). Do I need to send it to someone so
that they can check and update the page at
https://orgmode.org/worg/contributors.html ?

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 at 17:18, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> > So, I saved this-command and (recursion-depth) value, and I'm checking
> > for it in the org-add-log-note (attaching diff of my changes). But this
> > doesn't guarantee that we are not in the minibuffer when the
> > post-command-hook runs.
> >
> > This is what I did, and it failed after answering the question about 10
> > repeated intervals:
> > 1. M-: (y-or-n-p "Some question")
> > 2. Now I switched to Org mode buffer.
> > 3. Did C-c C-t on the entry.
> >
> > When org-log-add-setup runs, (recursion-depth) is 1, and
> > (minibuffer-depth) is also 1.
> > Now, the question about 10 repeated intervals is asked, once I answer
> > it, post-command-hook runs. And it runs while we are in the minibuffer
> > waiting for 'Some question'.
>
> Yikes! Then, can also check for window-minibuffer-p, but I feel that it
> will be a fight against all kinds of edge cases.

I haven't been able to make much progress on this bug in the last two
weeks. Will try to send a patch in a few days, as the steps I gave above
feels like an edge case which we won't see happening hopefully.

--
Bhavin Gandhi (bhavin192) | https://geeksocket.in