Re: [BUG] org-auto-repeat-maybe: error "Can’t expand minibuffer to full

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-auto-repeat-maybe: error "Can’t expand minibuffer to full frame" and missing log note
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:45:19 +0800

Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392@gmail.com> writes:

>> Thanks! I received the PDF to sign the next day after my email, this
>> will probably take a couple of days more from my side as I'm talking
>> with my employer.
>
> I finally got this done. I now have a fully executed copy of the copyright
> assignment (signed by FSF and me). Do I need to send it to someone so
> that they can check and update the page at
> https://orgmode.org/worg/contributors.html ?

You do not need to share the paperwork with us. FSF has a database
available to GNU maintainers with a list of all the people with
copyright assignment.

I am CCing Bastien.
Bastien, can you please confirm that Bhavin's paperwork is registered
and add him to the contributor list?

>> Yikes! Then, can also check for window-minibuffer-p, but I feel that it
>> will be a fight against all kinds of edge cases.
>
> I haven't been able to make much progress on this bug in the last two
> weeks. Will try to send a patch in a few days, as the steps I gave above
> feels like an edge case which we won't see happening hopefully.

Your patch will be already an improvement.

I guess that the proper fix of this type of issues would be rewriting
the note system in such a way that it uses recursive editing. Then, we
can make the user write the note in the middle of a running command and
not worry about post-command-hook quirks. But that will be a much more
involved change.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,