Re: [BUG] org-forward-sentence does not recognize the end of sentences w

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-forward-sentence does not recognize the end of sentences with footnotes [9.5.4 (N/A @ /gnu/store/zi4gr63h5k2w3y5srydk3k05bjrx9pi9-emacs-org-9.5.4/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-9.5.4/)]
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 15:44:00 +0200

> "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de> writes:
>
>> If you go to the first word in the following paragraph and press M-e
>> (org-forward-sentence), the point jumps to the end of the paragraph. But
>> it should jump to just after the footnote [fn:23].
>>
>> If I remove the footnote [fn:23], it correctly jumps to the end of the
>> first colon:
>>
>> Die Anzahl und Stärke der Werte ist durch eure
>> gewählte Machtstufe begrenzt:[fn:23] Ein starker
>> Wert@@latex:\index{Starker Wert}@@ kostet einen Punkt und ein
>> überragender Wert@@latex:\index{überragender Wert}@@ drei
>> Punkte.[fn:133] Starke Werte markiert ihr mit =+=, überragende Werte
>> mit =++=.
>
> But colon is not a sentence end. Or do I miss something?

I think I added colon there; in default setting this should jump to the
end of [fn:133]. If you have sentence with two spaces set, try adding a
space after [fn:133] — it is not recognized as end of a sentence:

Die Anzahl und Stärke der Werte ist durch eure
gewählte Machtstufe begrenzt:[fn:23] Ein starker
Wert@@latex:\index{Starker Wert}@@ kostet einen Punkt und ein
überragender Wert@@latex:\index{überragender Wert}@@ drei
Punkte.[fn:133]  Starke Werte markiert ihr mit =+=, überragende Werte
mit =++=.

Wheras without the footnote it is:

Die Anzahl und Stärke der Werte ist durch eure
gewählte Machtstufe begrenzt:[fn:23] Ein starker
Wert@@latex:\index{Starker Wert}@@ kostet einen Punkt und ein
überragender Wert@@latex:\index{überragender Wert}@@ drei
Punkte.  Starke Werte markiert ihr mit =+=, überragende Werte
mit =++=.

Best wishes,
Arne
--