Re: [External] : Re: missing a character / font in agenda?

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: missing a character / font in agenda?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 19:52:30 +0000

Hi, Daniel,

Daniel Ortmann writes:

> – Would using the ASCII '<' character be a better solution?

I've done a quick test and a few very popular (and more or less
complete) fonts don't include a glyph for the LEFTWARDS TRIANGLE-HEADED
ARROW #2b60 character: DejavuSans, Iosevka, Hack Source Code Pro,
JuliaMono or Fira Code. It is a very rare symbol.

> – Is anyone else seeing this issue and missing font?

I haven't seen it, but I'm not using the Git version.

> – Is that Symbola font, or equivalent, now a true dependency?  Or is
>   there something more common which I should be using?  (Perhaps I
>   have missed a normal configuration step?)

I think Symbola should not be a dependency. I use this font just to be
able to display unusual symbols, especially on web pages when I browse
the web with eww-mode. The most reasonable thing would be to use a more
common symbol. But I'm still intrigued by the origin of that symbol...

Best regards,

Juan Manuel