Re: [External] : Re: missing a character / font in agenda?

From: Daniel Ortmann
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: missing a character / font in agenda?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 13:45:48 -0500

That odd new character just showed up after a normal daily org-mode 'git pull'.

The Symbola.ttf font worked fine.
I used this page for for instructions.
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-and-manage-fonts-on-linux

After copying the font to ~/.local/share/font/ and running the 'fc-cache -vf' command
... The font appears after emacs + org-mode are restarted.
(I did not need to run set-fontset-font.)

Somewhere in there I also pulled fresh org-mode and emacs code and rebuilt; am not sure if that was needed.

Here is how that screen now appears:

Thank you!